TERMS OF REFERENCE
STRENGTHENING CAPACITIES OF PROSECUTORS AND JUDGES ON CHILD LABOR
The Measurement, Awareness-raising and Policy engagement project to accelerate action against child labor and forced labor (MAP’16 Project) is a development cooperation project managed by the International Labour Organization (ILO) and funded by the United States Department of Labor (US DOL).
MAP’16 is contributing to the elimination of child labor in all its forms, in particular the worst forms of child labor. The project has four main outcomes:
- Strengthening central and municipal framework for monitoring the prevalence of child labor and planning fact-based measures to address child labor.
- Strengthening the role of the social protection system in preventing and protecting children from child labor.
- Strengthening the role of the education system in preventing and protecting children from child labor.
- Improving enforcement of laws and policies related to child labor including worst forms of child labor.
- Improving the role of judiciary system on child labor.
The objective of the assignment is to strengthening capacities of prosecutors and judges on child labor.
Scope of Work
The consultant’s scope of work will comprise the following task:
- Facilitating a one-day workshop with local stakeholders to understand the obstacles faced by judges and prosecutors in relation to cases of child labor. Workshop to be held in person or virtually depending on the epidemiological situation with COVID-19.
- Developing a training manual for judges and prosecutors on child labor encompassing legal framework and best practices.
- Training judges and prosecutors on child labor. Training to be held in-person or virtually, depending on the epidemiological situation with COVID-19.
Activities to be implemented in close consultation and cooperation with the Academy of Justice.
The required output of this consultancy will be:
- Delivery of one-day workshop with local stakeholders on child labor.
- A comprehensive training manual for judges and prosecutors on child labor.
- Delivery of two one-day trainings for judges and prosecutors on child labor.
Timeline and Location
The assignments should take place between September 1st 2020 and February 15th 2020.
|Facilitating a one-day workshop with local stakeholders to understand the obstacles faced by judges and prosecutors on child labor.||September 2020|
|Developing a training manual for judges and prosecutors on child labor encompassing legal framework and best practices.||September, October, 2020|
|Training judges and prosecutors on child labor.||November, December 2020|
Staffing, Roles and Reporting
The assignment will be conducted under the overall supervision of the director of ILO DWT-CO Budapest, the technical supervision of ILO FUNDAMENTALS, and under the specific supervision of the Project Coordinator for MAP’16 in Kosovo.
Payment will be made in EUR upon receipt of signed original contract and invoice by the ILO and after submission of all deliverables to the satisfaction of the ILO/FUNDAMENTALS and the Academy of Justice.
All bank charges levied by the ILO’s bank are paid by the ILO while the Consultant covers all other bank charges.
Throughout the course of this assignment, the consultant/company will report to MAP’16 Project Coordinator for coordination and follow–up. If it appears necessary to modify the tasks of work or exceed the time allocated, the consultant/company must discuss the circumstances with the Project Coordinator, and obtain prior written approval.
This call for expression of interest is open to candidates from the non-public sector only.
A senior legal expert:
- At least 10 years of experience.
- Proven experience in conducting assignments of similar complexity.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
Interested candidates should send the following documents in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Up-to-date resume in English.
Expression of interest of max two pages in English.
Financial offer without VAT including the breakdown of prices for day for each assignment.
Deadline for submitting the application: August 4th, 2020, 16:00h CET.