TERMS OF REFERENCE
Local IT Consultant
Updating Child Labour Case Management Forms and Child Labour Indicators in the digital database of the Department of Social Policy and Family (DSPF).
The Measurement, Awareness-raising and policy engagement project to accelerate action against child labour and forced labour (MAP16 Project) is a development cooperation project managed by the International Labour Organization and funded by the United States Department of Labour.
The project has four main outcomes:
• Strengthening central and municipal framework for monitoring the prevalence of child labour and planning fact-based measures to address child labour.
• Strengthening the role of the social protection system in preventing and protecting children from child labour.
• Strengthening the role of the education system in preventing and protecting children from child labour.
• Improving enforcement of laws and policies related to Child Labour including Worst Forms of Child Labour.
• Improving the role of judiciary system in dealing with child labour cases.
The objective of the assignment is to provide technical support to the Department of Social Policy and Family (DSPF) in updating child labour case management forms and child labour indicators in the digital database of DSPF.
Scope of Work
The consultant’s scope of work will comprise the following tasks:
a) Redesigning the Social Services Database to enable integration of Child Labour Case Management Forms (CLCMF)
b) Integration of CLCMFs into the Social Services Database.
c) Integration of additional Child Labour Indicators in the Social Services Database.
d) Updating CLCMFs and Child Labour Indicators according to the requirements and needs that may derive during the piloting phase and maintaining the electronic system for a period of ten months.
e) Training of DPSF and Centres for Social work staff on the use of the electronic system specifically reflecting the incorporation of new features.
f) Generating reports according to the needs arising from points a), b), c) and d).
g) Submission of the source code of the electronic system to the DPSF so that it can be updated by other IT experts in the future.
The required outputs of this consultancy will be:
– A functional database of DPSF encompassing Child Labour Case Managements Forms and Child Labour Indicators.
– Delivery of tree one-day trainings of DPSF and Centers for Social Work.
– A detailed report on the advancement of the DPSF digital database.
Timeline and Location
The assignment should take place between April 20th 2020 and February 5th 2021.
Activities Duration To be completed due
Redesigning the Social Services Database to enable integration of Child Labour Case Management Forms (CLCMF) 25 days May 15th 2020
Integration of CLCMFs into the Social Services Database. 5 days May 20th 2020
Integration of additional Child Labour Indicators in the Social Services Database. 5 days May 25th 2020
Updating CLCMFs and Child Labour Indicators according to the requirements and needs that may derive during the piloting phase and maintaining the electronic system for a period of ten months 5 days June 2020 – February – 2021
Training of DPSF and Centers for Social on the use of the electronic system specifically reflecting the incorporation of new features. 3 days June 2020
Generating reports according to the needs arising from points a), b), c) and d). 7 days June 2020 – February – 2021
Total 50 days
Staffing, Roles and Reporting
The assignment will be conducted under the overall supervision of the director of ILO DWT-CO Budapest, the technical supervision of ILO FUNDAMENTALS, and under the specific supervision of the assigned Project Coordinator for MAP’16.
The consultant will report to the Project Coordinator.
Payment will be made in EUR upon receipt of signed original contract and invoice by the ILO and upon confirmation of successful completion of each assigned task by the Project Coordinator.
All bank charges levied by the ILO’s bank are paid by the ILO while the Consultant covers all other bank charges.
Throughout the course of this assignment, the consultant will report to the Project Coordinator for coordination and follow–up.
If it appears necessary to modify the tasks of work or exceed the time allocated, the consultant must discuss the circumstances with the Project Coordinator, and obtain prior written approval.
A local IT expert with:
• At least 10 years of experience in the field of information technology specifically Information System Development and Design.
• Proven experience in conducting assignments of similar complexity.
• Proven experience in the business analysis, design, development, training and implementation of at least two Information Systems at national level in the role of a consultant.
• Excellent Knowledge of C#, .NET Framework, SQL Server, TSQL, Reporting Services, Bootstrap Framework, JQuery, AJAX, MVC, Database Design.
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents to email@example.com
– Curriculum vitae in English language
– Financial offer with price breakdown for each assignment.
– A letter of interest of max two page long demonstrating consultant’s ability to complete the assignment.
The deadline for submission of applications is March 31st 2020 at 17:00